Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Day 20: Bald is beautiful, baby.

[Special kudos to those who remember what TV character said that. Lollipop, anyone?]

Nephew Shiloh trekked to Sacramento and buzzed Richard's scalp yesterday. I'm not sure whether Richard looks like a convict or a Hare Krishna guy. I'm still shocked when he walks into the room. Who is that man? Scary yet mildly exciting.


Here are some pictures to chronicle the day.

Shiloh arrives and can't wait to turn on that razor!











Shiloh shaves one of his fingers to show what a level 2 cut looks like. New finger trend.










We briefly try out a mohawk and decide it looks better on Daniel Day Lewis. Richard looked rather punk for about 3 minutes.














Father O'Shea at your service.














"If I concentrate really hard, I won't nick him and open myself up to a lawsuit."















As any good barber would do, Shiloh trimmed up the eyebrows. Lawyer by day, barber by night.











It. Is. Finished. But at least they swept up.




















No children were harmed in the shaving of this man.


Things we appreciated today:
Our newly pruned tree, our newly pruned guy, and foot rubs. Ahhhhh.

8 Comments:

At 8/09/2006 7:46 AM, Blogger The Armstrong Brood said...

Lookin' good! Seriously!

 
At 8/09/2006 8:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks good! Maybe lay in the sun today and tan it a bit!
XOXOXO
Kris

 
At 8/09/2006 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Though I'm admittedly a little biased, I like the new "do." Or would it be a "don't"? It was fun hanging out!
Love,
Shiloh

 
At 8/09/2006 5:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks Good Richard,

I will be following you into baldness in probably about 2 years. Of course, I won't be shaving my head but will instead will rely on father time and genetics to lose my hair.

Dan

 
At 8/09/2006 6:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not much different than when dad gave us haircuts as kids.

Your favorite brother,

 
At 8/09/2006 10:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Personally, I liked the mohawk look . . . Shiloh, how much for the 'hawk with a little coloring?

Dale

 
At 8/10/2006 5:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Richard looks good bald! My Richard was bald when he started the chemo, but the little that was left fell out right on schedule. Then he shaved off his eyebrows. He looked just like Uncle Fester from The Munsters.

 
At 8/12/2006 9:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa! DUDE! Stylin' for sure!
love, kim

 

Post a Comment

<< Home