Tuesday, June 26, 2012

I'm sad to report that Richard lost his battle with multiple myeloma on December 15, 2011. He died almost exactly six years from when our doctor told him he suspected MM. He tried many therapies, but after a while they all started to fail him. Toward the end he was receiving blood products every day or two. We spent most days at the infusion center. The end came fairly quickly. He had some kind of infection but could not fight it off.  Although he was declining rapidly at the end, I was still surprised that he was gone. I am still surprised. One day he was here and the next he was not. He was such a good, kind man. The world has lost a gentle man.

I wish all of you fighting against MM a good journey. Stay vigilant, but more importantly carpe diem.

Robin

1 Comments:

At 11/06/2012 11:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for taking the time to document Richards journey. I have been dianosed with Multiple Myeloma also and my transplant is on Tuesday, Nov 13th. It has been very helpful to me to read about his progress. My sincerest sympathy on his passing.

Robin Dougherty

 

Post a Comment

<< Home