Monday, August 28, 2006

Day 10: Holding, holding...

WBC: less than 0.4
Platelets: 16
Lbs lost: 11


Things were a little better today. Richard seemed to feel better most of the day until late afternoon. He was able to eat a little, but had lower GI troubles in the afternoon.

As can be expected, Richard has made friends of all the nurses. The nurse assistants have taken to sitting down and talking about family and travelling with him. As for me, I've become a food nazi, asking for special orders of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and popsicles for Richard so he'll eat. Last night I asked a nurse to please use the foam antibiotic when she comes into the room. It's sort of like a good cop/bad cop thing. Guess who the bad cop is.

The doc thinks we're ready to see the numbers start to come up, and they can't tick upward soon enough for us. I cannot wait to get Richard home, even though it means I have to do some major housecleaning before he walks in the door (bleaching/scrubbing to get rid of those pesky microbes). I've half forgotten how to do deep cleaning, but I do have those stinky plastic yellow gloves! Now if I can just find a sponge...

Another pre-SCT photo because I still can't find my new camera. I really hope it just fell under a car seat...

Things we're thankful for: The Fam.

4 Comments:

At 8/29/2006 1:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that things are better! Let's hear it for the classics: peanut butter and jelly sandwiches! The French just DON'T understand them. So, next time we break out out coveted US peanut butter, we'll think of you!

Love from Lyon!

 
At 8/29/2006 7:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there! Can't wait to see you both in a few days.Love you!

Kris

 
At 8/29/2006 8:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We were so glad to hear Richard was having a better day when Dale spoke with him yesterday. Sorry to hear things went slightly sour later. We love you and continue to pray for you. Here's to comfort foods and patient advocacy!

 
At 8/29/2006 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robin,
Just ask my brothers--I can do the 'bad cop' thing! If you need help, just holler.

Did Rich get the big card yet? I know he'll like it.
YFS

 

Post a Comment

<< Home